Dyes and Dyes Intermediates
|Packaging Details||200 litre Drum|
|Usage/Application||General solvent for waxes and epoxy resin, Anti-parasite medication, Preservatives|
|Grade Standard||Lab Reagent LR Grade|
|Synonyms||Phenylcarbinol, Phenylmethanol, Benzenemethanol, C6H5CH2OH|
|Molecular Weight||108.140 g per mol|
|Melting Point||-15.2 degree Celsius|
|Flash Point||93 degree Celsius|
|Boiling Point||206 degree C|
|1 L Bottle||Rs 145|
|20 L Drum||Rs 2825|
Manufacturing and trading of supreme quality Benzyl Alcohol have helped us achieve a very high level of trust in the market. It is a useful solvent due to its polarity, low toxicity, and low vapor pressure.
Get Best price of >99% pure 30 ml & 200 Litre drum of Benzyl Alcohol CAS No. 100-51-6, C7H8O.
We offer Benzyl Alcohol which is partially soluble in water and completely miscible in alcohol.
Uses of Benzyl Alcohol
Benzyl alcohol is a prescription topical (for the skin) medication used as an anti-parasite medication.
Benzyl alcohol is used effectively for treating lice infestations as the active ingredient in lotion shampoo with 5% benzyl alcohol.
Benzyl alcohol is used as a bacteriostatic preservative at low concentration in intravenous medications, cosmetics, and topical drugs.
It is also used as a fragrance in perfumes and in flavoring, and is an ingredient in ointments and cosmetics.
It is used in inks, as a photographic developer, and in dyeing nylon filament, textiles and sheet plastics.
- Ingestion: May cause severe gastrointestinal tract irritation with nausea, vomiting and possible burns. May be harmful if swallowed.
- Inhalation: Vapors cause irritation of the respiratory system. Chronic: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis.
First Aid Measures
- Eye Contact: Immediately flush eyes with running water for at least 15 minutes, keeping eyelids open.
- Skin Contact: In case of contact, immediately flush skin with plenty of water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes.
- Inhalation: If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel.
Handling and Storage
- Keep away from heat and sources of ignition.
- Ground all equipment containing material.
- Do not ingest. Do not breathe gas/fumes/ vapor/spray.
- Wear suitable protective clothing. In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment.
- Keep the container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- Keep the container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use.
- Avoid all possible sources of ignition (spark or flame). Sensitive to light.
Toxic Effects on Humans
- Mutagenic for bacteria and/or yeast. May cause damage to the liver, central nervous system (CNS).
- Eyes: Causes eye irritation, redness, pain. May cause eye injury. Eye contact produces immediate smarting, but there is no permanent injury if exposure is brief.
- Inhalation: Mist or vapour cause respiratory tract (nose, throat), irritation. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath.
- It may be absorbed into the bloodstream with symptoms similar to ingestion.